Thursday 29 November 2012

Audience Data

Which kind of artist would you most like to read about in my magazine?
Jessie J - 36%
Rihanna - 36%
Drake - 27%
Justin Bieber - 0%
I found it interesting that the two female artists seem to be the ones that readers are most interested in. I feel this has influenced me more into writing my magazine article based on a female pop star rather than a male as majority of my target audience seem more interested in reading about female artists.

Which features would you be most interested in?
Interviews with music artists - 28%
Reviews of albums - 14%
Ratings (Top 10s etc) - 19%
Gig/Festival Listings - 38%
I was unsurprised to discover that my target audience largely voted for gig/festival listings to be included in the magazine as festivals are incredibly popular amongst teenagers of my age. However I did find it surprising that not many seemed interested in reviews of albums at all - perhaps my target audience are strong minded enough to have their own individual opinion and not be interested in others.

Which freebies would you most like to see in a music magazine?
Posters - 28%
CDs - 38%
Vouchers for iTunes - 42%
Exclusive tickets - 33%
I was previously aware that iTunes is commonly used by teenagers to buy and listen to music of their choice so the majority vote came as no surprise to me. But I did assume in the past that teenagers still had a large interest in posters being featured in magazines and being able to put these up on your own personal space. However my poll tells me differently as only 28% of my target audience voted for this freebie, so I know not to include it.

What would you consider the most reasonable amount to pay for a monthly music magazine?
£2 - 9%
£2.50 - 13%
£3 - 31%
£3.50 - 36%
£4 - 4%
£4.50 - 4%
The majority vote went towards the price range of £3-3.50. I'm pleased with this result as I already had this price range in mind which means I have chosen the right kinds of people to aim my magazine at, from the right social classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment