Friday 14 September 2012

Name Ideas



In Monday's lesson, I began to come up with some ideas for my magazine's name, as you can see in my Name Ideas post below. I found this quite difficult as I didn't want to go with something too typical of music magazines as I wanted mine to be unique in some way. So in order to come up with some ideas I started a spider diagram of ideas, with 'Music' in the middle and everything that I associate with it around the centre. From this, the first idea I wanted to stick with was 'Boombox', but I later decided against this when I came up with 'Jam', as I preferred a shorter name to a longer one. After much thought, I decided on 'Z magazine' after looking at previous existing magazines such as Q. I believe a one-letter magazine name is effective and memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment