Thursday 13 September 2012

Friday 7th September

Today, in lesson I was challenged to create a magazine front cover and contents page in just two lessons, in order to compare this in the future with our music magazine that we will produce. The whole point of the comparison is to see the difference between when a piece of work is unplanned and rushed, and when I have the time to plan and improve, how much better it could be. As a group we only had around half an hour to shoot some photos for our magazines in groups, so me, Alfie, Clare and Amy chose to borrow props and outfits from the drama department to make our photo shoot a little more interesting. After taking a load of photos in silly outfits we realised we had no suitable stories to match them for a school magazine, and so we had to rapidly think on the spot of headlines we could put on our front pages. I found this difficult as when I planned my film magazine at GCSE it took me a long time to think of and decide on headlines and stories to feature, and I of course plan to do the same with my A-level music magazine. I also found it challenging to have to just get on with making it rather than thinking about every little detail, because I’m incredibly picky with size, colour, and placing of things on Photoshop. I got as far as almost finishing my front cover by the end of the lesson, to be finished off next lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment