Friday 28 September 2012

Double Page Spread Analysis

Double Page Spread

I analysed three different double page spreads so that I have a range of different music magazines with different music artists featured in them, each suited to different genres. It is important that I carried out this activity before I started producing my magazine so that I can get a real interpretation of what real life music magazines are usually like and what features they typically hold. Also I am now able to understand what the differences are between different genres of music magazines, for example a rock genre magazine will usually publish photos of the band featured in the magazine looking disruptive or as if they are causing trouble in some way; like the first double page spread I analysed, rather than images of them posing or looking innocent; like the third double page spread I analysed. This can help me decide on what kind of genre I want my magazine to be and how I can highlight the genre and make it clear who it appeals to.

No comments:

Post a Comment